Re: Oh what fun it is too ride...

> They are as you'll read later. How strict are these driving tests?
> Sounds like anyone can have a go. If driving test were as strict as
> flying tests, 50% of drivers would be off the road.
 Driving a train isnt like pushing a button. The brakes are the hardest
things in the world to be able to master accurately. Especially taking
into affect that some trains have 3 different type of braking systems,
which any of them could fail at any moment, and if so, the driver must
compensate by using a bit more of the other types. Its hard to explain
here but the point Im trying to make is, Id like to see you try to
drive a train.
> >  On the other hand, the driver may have been driving for a long
> > time
>
> What time would he start? It was 7am in the morning. My guess would be
> a 4am start?
> > and just has no sense, he may be on drugs etc, who knows. It takes
> > all
> > kinds of people to make up this world, and the sooner the public
> > realise this, the better.
 I meant he may have a few years experience being a driver.
> I'm sorry but this doesn't cut it. I think maybe it(cityrail) should
be
> sold off to be a private company.
> Can you honestly say to me that the system works?
 Yes I can say the system works. Some areas need a little working on
but Id like to see the public try and run a railroad for a day, id like
to see how they go. And as for your comment in your previous msg saying
youd rather be in traffic etc, fine, go back to your car, we dont need
non-thinking passengers like yourself who only want to whinge. Also,
you seem to imply that by paying $1500 a year you expect nothing to go
wrong and everyone is friendly etc, I pay at least $10,000 to keep my
car on the road every year, rego, insurance, petrol, repayments etc,
and look what I get for my money. Bad drivers, poorly trained drivers,
road rage, uncourteous drivers, shit roads and traffic. I have more
grounds to complain than you do, but do I complain? NNNOOOO. Stop and
think for once as I said earlier, because from what I can see, youve
got it pretty easy. Get over it.

--
CityRail driver, and big fan of HO and 5", 71/4" guage trains.
My opinions are from myself and I do not represent any company, person,

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.