Re: Oh what fun it is too ride...

> Driving a train isnt like pushing a button. The brakes are the hardest
>things in the world to be able to master accurately. Especially taking
>into affect that some trains have 3 different type of braking systems,
>which any of them could fail at any moment, and if so, the driver must
>compensate by using a bit more of the other types. Its hard to explain
>here but the point Im trying to make is, Id like to see you try to
>drive a train.

I'd like to see you fly a plane. Fair contest, I don't have a train
license and if you don't have a pilot's licence, let's do it and see.
I never said that driving a train is pushing a button, you said that
most of the public think that, which is true as they have no need to
know how a train works. I've sat in a freight train with my Uncle and
he showed me all the odds and ends etc It seemed pretty straight
forward to me. He loves his job so I guess that is the main difference.
I fly at least ten different types of aircraft, each with different
systems. hat doesn't stop me from not going where I'm supposed to. Only
thing that will is the weather plus other factors.

I meant he may have a few years experience being a driver.
>> I'm sorry but this doesn't cut it. I think maybe it(cityrail) should
>be
>> sold off to be a private company.
>> Can you honestly say to me that the system works?
> Yes I can say the system works. Some areas need a little working on
>but Id like to see the public try and run a railroad for a day, id like

I'm sure anyone in the private sector could do a better job. I bet
train drivers are never in fear of their jobs? That's why most are so
overweight with the biggest beer guts close to policemen.

>to see how they go. And as for your comment in your previous msg saying
>youd rather be in traffic etc, fine, go back to your car, we dont need
>non-thinking passengers like yourself who only want to whinge. Also,

I'm glad you think I'm stupid. Your're the one driving the train, you
have no idea what I do for a living but I'm sure it takes more brain
power than driving a train

>you seem to imply that by paying $1500 a year you expect nothing to go
>wrong and everyone is friendly etc, I pay at least $10,000 to keep my

I don't deal with any of you that work with the railways. that's why I
was so happy when they installed ticket machines and automatic gates.
Don't have to have contact with any of you. I've never seen a happy
rail employee in my life.

>car on the road every year, rego, insurance, petrol, repayments etc,
>and look what I get for my money. Bad drivers, poorly trained drivers,
>road rage, uncourteous drivers, shit roads and traffic. I have more
>grounds to complain than you do, but do I complain? NNNOOOO. Stop and

You just did complain.

>think for once as I said earlier, because from what I can see, youve
>got it pretty easy. Get over it.

I pay heaps on my car too. I don't complain but sure the roads could be
better but at least I can get to places when I want, not miss a stop,
be on time most of the time and don't run off the road (touch wood).