Re: Oh what fun it is too ride...

Michael Kurkowski <mk@netstra.com.au> wrote:

> >entirity of Sydney to operate 24/7 without one single problem?
>
> It's done everywhere else...

Really... every other urban rail system in the world runs 24/7 with
out "one single problem".

> I urge you to look at Melbourne one day. Stand at Flinders
> Street station and watch how most trains operate on a day to day basis, or
> try an underground station, or Richmond. Trains run much more regularly
> than 10 minutes in some of the loops, do we have the operational problems
> that NSW do? I think not.

You don't have the system that NSW does either but the Melbourne urban
rail systems has its own set of operational problems, as are reglarly
reported in this newsgroup

Time to take off the rose coloured glasses!

Bill