Re: Oh what fun it is too ride...

In article <17599f0b.62549c6b@usw-ex0103-024.remarq.com>,
  Nihonga <tony.patonNOtoSPAM@griffithhack.com.au.invalid> wrote:
> Are the trains in Sydney ever going to get there act together?
> Yesterday I was siiting outside the sheds near Asquith for 30mins
> inside a train that had only small windows. I felt sorry for a
pregnant
> lady who had to sit in this while her husband was ringing her on the
> mobile every 5 minutes.
> The guard stated it was a track failure. What sort was it? There were
> no work crews fixing any section of track. Anyhow people were
> commenting how bad the service is getting.
> It only got better this morning. Who ever was driving the 7.20am train
> from Berowra down the North Shore was obviously on something. He came
> into Mt Colah the slowest I have seen any train. And this was a
> Tangara. We then took off for Asquith. Asquith sailed by with the
> driver slamming on the brakes then reversing back to Asquith.Some of
> the People, who were on yesterdays train, were on this one a started
> laughing and shaking heads. Every station he pulled in far too slow,
> tried to stop at artarmon and wollstonecraft etc when he wasn't meant
> to. Tried to get around the tight turns past St leonards at a far
> greater speed than supposed to. To top it all off the airconditioning
> stopped for 15mins. It was getting hard to breathe and people were
> getting stressed. Especially the older passengers.
> When will this madness end?
> I'll just have to wait until this afternoon.
>
> * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion
Network *
> The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet -
Free!

 I am not trying to make up excuses here for the driver, but Im just
trying to make you realise some possibilities. Whose to say that the
driver in question, it wasnt his first day out by himself after passing
through the driving school? I know most drivers on their first few
days, weeks and maybe even months are very caucious when coming into
platforms etc. His driving ability may not be perfect, but by god, you
cannot tell me that everyone who has passed their car drivers licence
test, are the best drivers in the world. Everyone makes mistakes, and I
wish people would stop and think sometimes about the surrounding
circumstances, instead of instantly jumping on the very boring
bandwagon by saying Sydney`s trains are getting worse.
 On the other hand, the driver may have been driving for a long time
and just has no sense, he may be on drugs etc, who knows. It takes all
kinds of people to make up this world, and the sooner the public
realise this, the better.
--
CityRail driver, and big fan of HO and 5", 71/4" guage trains.
My opinions are from myself and I do not represent any company, person,

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.