Re: Oh what fun it is too ride...

Neil D B wrote:

>  Driving a train isnt like pushing a button. The brakes are the hardest
> things in the world to be able to master accurately. Especially taking
> into affect that some trains have 3 different type of braking systems,
> which any of them could fail at any moment, and if so, the driver must
> compensate by using a bit more of the other types. Its hard to explain
> here but the point Im trying to make is, Id like to see you try to
> drive a train.

Why do you think you went to all of those training classes? to meet the
other drivers? If drivers can't manage to drive a train after the training
course, either the training course is not adequate or the applicant is not
right for the job!
You are paid to operate a piece of machineary (yes it is a big one). You
should be able to do it properly!

> > I'm sorry but this doesn't cut it. I think maybe it(cityrail) should
> be
> > sold off to be a private company.
> > Can you honestly say to me that the system works?
>  Yes I can say the system works. Some areas need a little working on
> but Id like to see the public try and run a railroad for a day, id like
> to see how they go.

The public is not in the business of running a railway, but perhaps, by the
sound of it, thay could do a better job than some people who are.
Your job is to get people to their job, on time.

> And as for your comment in your previous msg saying
> youd rather be in traffic etc, fine, go back to your car, we dont need
> non-thinking passengers like yourself who only want to whinge.

Yes you bloody well do! Every rail system needs every fare paying customer
that it can get!

> Also,
> you seem to imply that by paying $1500 a year you expect nothing to go
> wrong and everyone is friendly etc,

I would say that that is a pretty reasonable expectation! In my job at
Hillside (Station Officer), when people buy a ticket (no matter what sort,
it could be a $0.90 ticket, it could be a $110.00 ticket), they are not only
buying the right to travel on the train, they are buying the service of
every staff member that they encounter on their journey for the duration of
their ticket. The customer is buying my service and contributing to my
wages.
The only customers we don't need are those scum-of-the-earth dirtbags who
try to get away without paying, or vandalise the train for other customers.

> I pay at least $10,000 to keep my
> car on the road every year, rego, insurance, petrol, repayments etc,
> and look what I get for my money. Bad drivers, poorly trained drivers,
> road rage, uncourteous drivers, shit roads and traffic. I have more
> grounds to complain than you do, but do I complain? NNNOOOO. Stop and
> think for once as I said earlier, because from what I can see, youve
> got it pretty easy. Get over it.

Well, he probably pays the same, as well as his $1500!

Sam Eades