Re: Oh what fun it is too ride...

Nihonga <tony.patonNOtoSPAM@griffithhack.com.au.invalid> wrote in message
03e6ae67.6ad648e6@usw-ex0102-012.remarq.com">news:03e6ae67.6ad648e6@usw-ex0102-012.remarq.com...
> > Driving a train isnt like pushing a button. The brakes are the hardest
> >things in the world to be able to master accurately. Especially taking
> >into affect that some trains have 3 different type of braking systems,
> >which any of them could fail at any moment, and if so, the driver must
> >compensate by using a bit more of the other types. Its hard to explain
> >here but the point Im trying to make is, Id like to see you try to
> >drive a train.
>
> I'd like to see you fly a plane. Fair contest, I don't have a train
> license and if you don't have a pilot's licence, let's do it and see.
> I never said that driving a train is pushing a button, you said that
> most of the public think that, which is true as they have no need to
> know how a train works. I've sat in a freight train with my Uncle and
> he showed me all the odds and ends etc It seemed pretty straight
> forward to me. He loves his job so I guess that is the main difference.
> I fly at least ten different types of aircraft, each with different
> systems. hat doesn't stop me from not going where I'm supposed to. Only
> thing that will is the weather plus other factors.
>
> I meant he may have a few years experience being a driver.
> >> I'm sorry but this doesn't cut it. I think maybe it(cityrail) should
> >be
> >> sold off to be a private company.
> >> Can you honestly say to me that the system works?
> > Yes I can say the system works. Some areas need a little working on
> >but Id like to see the public try and run a railroad for a day, id like
>
> I'm sure anyone in the private sector could do a better job. I bet
> train drivers are never in fear of their jobs? That's why most are so
> overweight with the biggest beer guts close to policemen.
>
> >to see how they go. And as for your comment in your previous msg saying
> >youd rather be in traffic etc, fine, go back to your car, we dont need
> >non-thinking passengers like yourself who only want to whinge. Also,
>
> I'm glad you think I'm stupid. Your're the one driving the train, you
> have no idea what I do for a living but I'm sure it takes more brain
> power than driving a train
>
> >you seem to imply that by paying $1500 a year you expect nothing to go
> >wrong and everyone is friendly etc, I pay at least $10,000 to keep my
>
> I don't deal with any of you that work with the railways. that's why I
> was so happy when they installed ticket machines and automatic gates.
> Don't have to have contact with any of you. I've never seen a happy
> rail employee in my life.
>
> >car on the road every year, rego, insurance, petrol, repayments etc,
> >and look what I get for my money. Bad drivers, poorly trained drivers,
> >road rage, uncourteous drivers, shit roads and traffic. I have more
> >grounds to complain than you do, but do I complain? NNNOOOO. Stop and
>
> You just did complain.
>
> >think for once as I said earlier, because from what I can see, youve
> >got it pretty easy. Get over it.

> [...]
The only thing I can see in all of this is that you seem to have a phobia
about trains, I don't know what you do and I couldn't really care less
anyway, but it seems to me that all you do is note everything bad that
happens All the drama that you consistently come up with astounds me. You
have no idea obviously what happens when trains are late and/or cancelled.
It impacts on other services which are all affected and finding another
train to run the service isn't as easy as you think, each train is allocated
a particular service for the day depending on the requirements of the
service and those that aren't used generally are being repaired with a few
kept on hand as standbys as needed. Anyway when you aren't bleating about
poor service have you ever stopped to think that sometimes the travelling
"public" (for want of a better word) are the cause of the problems ie;
smashed windows, damaged seats etc, also as for the lack of information
given it is highly possible that the staff concerned have no idea themselves
what is going on so it would be fairly safe to saythat if they have no
information they cannot give it. In my experience I find that most staff
pass info on as soon as they know what is going on. So, if all you plan to
do is dump on Cityrail everytime something goes wrong go and find another
newsgroup.

--
Spel chequers arren'tt awl thier cwacked up too bea.
-