Re: Oh what fun it is too ride...

Wizzer wrote in message <86e418$k6c$1@news1.mpx.com.au>...
snip
>The only thing I can see in all of this is that you seem to have a phobia
>about trains, I don't know what you do and I couldn't really care less
>anyway, but it seems to me that all you do is note everything bad that
>happens All the drama that you consistently come up with astounds me. You
>have no idea obviously what happens when trains are late and/or cancelled.
>It impacts on other services which are all affected and finding another
>train to run the service isn't as easy as you think, each train is
allocated
>a particular service for the day depending on the requirements of the
>service and those that aren't used generally are being repaired with a few
>kept on hand as standbys as needed. Anyway when you aren't bleating about
>poor service have you ever stopped to think that sometimes the travelling
>"public" (for want of a better word) are the cause of the problems ie;
>smashed windows, damaged seats etc, also as for the lack of information
>given it is highly possible that the staff concerned have no idea
themselves
>what is going on so it would be fairly safe to saythat if they have no
>information they cannot give it. In my experience I find that most staff
>pass info on as soon as they know what is going on. So, if all you plan to
>do is dump on Cityrail everytime something goes wrong go and find another
>newsgroup.

Sorry the "rail employees" camp (have I tarred too many with the brush?)
still haven't explained to me why when I go to Japan, HK, China and so the
trains don't run late much, the staff seem to be more polite and they don't
have garbage all over the floor. I keep missing something in the lectures
about how hard it is to run a railway. Those Asians (which a previous poster
said are such dangerous types, not being able to drive a car etc...) perhaps
they should get off our roads and into our drivers cabs, guards
compartments, signal boxes and ticket offices, show us how to run a railway.
Maybe the Chinese method is best, remember they execute 33,000 people every
year, heaven help the driver of the 08:07 to Beijing!