Re: Bad attitude

Gail BENNETT wrote in message <86ark8$ikl$1@news1.mpx.com.au>...
>It is easy to criticise any high profile organisation. Similar problems
>probably exist in other organisations, particularly with communications. In
>some workplace, staff have lost the art of verbal communication, thanks to
>email.

Yes poor performance does exist in other highprofile orgs, but it isn't
excusable. People make mistakes, but with the umpteenb checks and balances
that "ought" to be in place, I don't think organisations should be making
mistakes, certainly not daily like our urban rail operators.

I work in a middle-ish position in the health dept, which means having
upstream involvement in the hospital system, another basketcase if ever
there was one. Staff struggle on the frontline, TReasury don't give a s___
that people are waiting 24+ hours in emergency and won't give us more money.
But administrators are as much meat in the sandwich as docs, nurses etc, but
at least we don't go telling the public "lump it" the way some frontline
staff do. We carry on (a charade perhaps) of asking people, doing surveys,
having complaints people/lines, quality accreditation etc because we believe
that people deserve the best service and care they can get even if we're a
bit short on dollars. The betrayal of some docs, nurses etc of treating the
public like s___ and then turning around and blaming us, seems just like
what Cityrail, Bay/Hill and so on have got into the habit of, and it is
disappointing to read their staff carrying on with these attitudes outside
working hours. But they're entitled to their say, and this NG wouldn't be
half as interesting without them...