Re: Bad attitude

David Johnson <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
388710CD.AC9872EF@ozemail.com.au">news:388710CD.AC9872EF@ozemail.com.au...

> "Passengers are not to talk to the driver.  Guards will give any
information."
> That is the sticker on the driver's door.  At least he answered your first
> question.

If you want to be pedantic about it - I was not a passenger.  I take it you
are inferring that it is perfectly satisfactory if the guard didn't pick up
on the incorrect station indicators (and I've seen this) and the driver
did - for the train to continue on its merry way inconveniencing many people
when they found the train didn't stop at the stations they were expecting?
I'm sure the inconvenienced passengers would have a different perspective on
the matter.  You seem to miss the point - it was just a simple matter for
the driver to contact the guard to say "are those platform indicators
right?" - yet he wasn't prepared to do that.  A simple action that could
have averted inconveniencing a number of people.  I've seen train driver's
give a short blast on their horn to warn station staff as they have passed
incorrect platform indicators.  That is probably not in the rule book but it
is doing the right thing for CityRail's customers.  I think the majority of
CityRail's drivers would have done the right thing by their passengers -
this was just one mean spirited driver.