Re: [VIC] R700 and R704 (was: Surviving R classes)

Michael Kurkowski wrote:

> If you begin to mix and match parts you may as well just swap the number
> plates over and cut your losses. Saying that you can swap R700's parts with
> R704's bad parts totally refutes your argument that where will be "one
> complete original" locomotive. I can see it now "Exhibit A, here we have
> R700, but not to forget that it has bits and pieces of R704 so R704 can be
> in service".

R700 will recieve R766's tender as well as many other surplus coal burning
parts. Even the VR used to swap parts between locos and replace other parts.
R704 probably doesn't have all the original parts on it from when it came off
North British's production line.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail: