Re: Goodbye Overland

I couldn't agree more.  (The Overland needs a bit of imagination and flair
incorporated in it to turn it around).  Even QR here in Australia has done a
fair degree of re-engineering with things like converting the Midlander to
Spirit of the Outback and is contemplating replacing The Westlander and
Inlander with higher speed diesel railcars.  Sure they might lack some of
the romance and style of the overnight sleeper services, but if they cause
passengers to flood back then that's great.  In WA The Prospector replaced
the overnight Kalgoorlie Express and it resulted in a flood of new
passengers.

--
Graeme Vellacott
PO Box 322