Re: Surviving R classes (was: West Coast Railway and 6042 - AD60 Garrett)

"James Brook" <ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
3883E04D.38D1894D@ozemail.com.au">news:3883E04D.38D1894D@ozemail.com.au...
> I agree with what you're saying here about R704. I think R700 is the best
> class for the museum. It's the class leader and an example of a typical R
class.

> --
> - James Brook -

Just out of interest,did the bright sparks who came up with the great swap
actually consider the idea that James has put forward.
Is the fundamental condition of 700 better than 704 ,was the ARHS sounded
out to consider a 3 way swap,is there something stopping this idea from
being turned into reality,because frankly in this instance I gotta say I
agree with you James.
Mileage R700 192,447
R704 200,818
Graeme