Re: I'll try nicely this time! - Ballarat to Skipton Line

"Geoff Downes (Graphic Mountain Pty Ltd)" <graphicmountain@bigpond.com>
wrote in message YeAg4.16199$oJ5.32541@newsfeeds.bigpond.com">news:YeAg4.16199$oJ5.32541@newsfeeds.bigpond.com...
> Hello again,
>
> I started off on the wrong foot (10 left feet to be exact) last time so I
> will try to be a little more civil.
>
> As I requested previously, I am interested in any info on the Ballarat to
> Skipton line, especially photos or plans of station buildings and removed
> infrastructure - mainly in Linton, Skipton and Pittong - architectural
plans
> of Ballarat Station or info on where I could get copies would be an
absolute
> bonus.
>
> I am also interested in working drawings of any of the first generation
> Victorian Railways GM diesels - so that I can convert them to slightly
> simplified scale drawings on the computer for general usage on a future
> Website (highly detailed and dimensioned)
>
> As I have said - I apologise for any nastiness - wrong side of the bed!!!
>
> P.S. I will be patient this time.
>
> :) Regards "Sad Site" Geoff

Ok cooking with gas,and to Infinity and beyond
The Skipton 53' turntable can be viewed in its entirety at Maldon in
operating condition.
The education dept. paid for the school train to Linton,which made it rather
difficult to ride at the best of times,because not only did it commence its
day at Linton,full of school kids but it did not run during school
hols.However there was one exception,during the period after school year
finished and Christmas it ran as a shopper train,leaving Linton at9.30am
rather than the normal 7.40am.
Used to have some good lash ups 153hp and 102hp,really chokers with kids who
I guess now head to Ballarat by bus or perhaps the baby boom has ended in
that part of the world :-)
Have to go to work now will check the old Divisional Diaries for you and get
back again in the near future.
Cheers
Graeme