Re: Yet another Sydney derailment

C. Dewick wrote in message <85n3tp$isv$1@lios.apana.org.au>...

>I can't remember exactly what was publiushed, but in any event the
>publishing of that information is of course completely illegal,

No it isn't. Please provide proof of that statement.

> and it
>doesn't matter in which medium it is published, unless the information has
>already been given out in an official media release. Until then it's
>considered private and confidential, *especially* for an incident like the
>one at Glenbrook.

What a lot of rot. You are making the law up here as you go along, Craig. Or
is law now a component of the ETR driver training schools?

>There is no way that management would release the home address, etc. of any
>employee involved in a serious incident.

Nor should they. It does not stop a private individual from tracking it down
and publishing it. It is morally reprehensible, but not illegal.

>It'd be totally unfair and would
>result in constant media harrassment, etc. which is the last thing anyone
>wants after being involved in any sort of incident.
>
>>That doesn't make posting this guys name the right thing to do, but it
does
>>happen..
>
>Yes, it does happen, and it actually sucks because there is nothing worse
>than dragging someone's name, etc. into a public forum before the person
has
>been given a fair hearing, regardless of the degree of fault, etc. that
>might be ultimately attributed to the person.

Agreed - but not illegal.

Dave