Re: Yet another Sydney derailment

Kingpin <kingpin1@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
h9nl7s4pnp7fq8ipp7john73q1j3druhe2@4ax.com">news:h9nl7s4pnp7fq8ipp7john73q1j3druhe2@4ax.com...
> Just heard on the radio that a train has derailed at Hornsby.  Only a
minor
> derailment.

I was on a train where the guard said there was a "signal failure"  while
the station staff at Waitara said a "derailment".   There were extensive
delays to Shore line trains entering/ leaving Hornsby with trains queing
down the Shore line with only a hundred metres or so between them.
What was interesting though was that the guard actually gave a reason rather
than leave passengers in the dark (as is more typical).  Fortunately I was
on a train stuck at Waitara Station and I suggested to the guard that he
notify passengers if the service (once it got to Hornsby) would be cancelled
beyond Hornsby (it was a Berowra bound service).  He notified passengers
that the service would indeed terminate at Hornsby - and a lot of passengers
alighted at Waitara and the mobile phone lines went berserk!