Re: Yet another Sydney derailment

In <387B2C8E.CD7B5251@where.com> who knows <whoknows@where.com> writes:

>Where do I start :). An 8 car K set put the first bogie through the catch points
>at Hornsby on No 2 platform ( down Shore) Sydney End at around 6:10 pm this
>evening. The rumour circulating round Cityrail was he came in far too quick into
>the platform and misjudged it. The driver (Chris Priest) is well known with
>Cityrail inspectors, and I would not be suprised if he is sacked over this one.
>Yes it did cause a lot of problems I passed through on a down service to Berowra
>at 6:50 pm (which did go to Berowra).. All down shore services were sent across
>to No 1 platform. I passed there at 11 pm tonight, again,  and the car was re-
>railed, and subsequently in the sheds, but minor track repairs were being
>carried out.

Put simply, if you are going to post this sort of information, do not hide
your identity as it will just make CityRail management more anxious to try
to stop staff (including me) from making any comments about operational
issues by imposing legal restraints on us. So far no-one has (until this
posting of yours) actually done something which breaks the law, but I feel
that your posting does.

Regardless of someone's employment record, mentioning a staff member's name
in the context you have is, I believe, quite illegal, and you could actually
be sued by Chris for defamation, especially if you are a CityRail employee
yourself and you're just saying what you have because of personal grudges.

Note that I am not defending him as far as his record goes - those in the
know are aware of who he is, what he's done, etc. - but I *am* defending him
as an individual who should not be getting his name attached to a posting
about an incident when no public statement has yet been issued to the media.
You don't see the name of the driver, guard, etc. of every other train which
derails thrown out to the public forum do you? ...

Either post messages in future using your real identity (and stop hiding
behind false domain names, etc.), or do not post them at all. Use some
common sense and try to bring a bit more integrity to this newsgroup...

Regards,

Craig.
--
            Craig Ian Dewick            |       Stand clear - jaws closing
 Send email to craigd@lios.apana.org.au |  Visit my Australian rail transport