Re: Deary deary me ...

Jackson Harding <jaxsonjo@camtech.net.au> wrote in message
387DAED0.8B0A26BB@camtech.net.au">news:387DAED0.8B0A26BB@camtech.net.au...

> I live right beside the Adelaide-Melbourne line on the urban fringes of
> Adelaide.  We have two tracks, the SG to Melbourne and the BG for the
> local suburban service.  Prior to the creation of National Rail it was
> bearable, even enjoyable.  Now things have changed.

[snip]

> National Rail run regular services, mostly with NR's but with occasional
> BL's, DL's, the odd AN and a few others.  They are whisper quiet.  The
> rolling stock also makes very little or no wheel squeal.

[snip]

> The other operator is ASR on the Patrick's services to Melbourne.  These
> are hauled by a variety of GM's, CLP's and CLF's.  They are as noisy as
> hell, often audible for many minutes either side of here and the wheel
> squeal is often deafening.  Their trains seem to be louder faster and
> the rolling stock less well maintained judging by the amount of racket
> it makes.  The sooner they go broke the better.

Gotta hand it to the Narc, I rekon their trains are the quietest.  I suspect
its 'cause they have quite a few newish wagons, with half decent drawgear.
(Doesn't go bang crunch as it goes past).  Those quiet Light Bulbs help too.

> If anyone knows who I should complain to please let me know.

Try the ARTC. |-)

--
Mr Notagunzel.
Rail Transportation Connoisseur