Re: Deary deary me ...

Tony Gatt wrote in message <387E6857.D66C5E36@tig.com.au>...

>> The human body is odd, and the minds in some, odder!  (that especially
>> includes me).  If I moved next to a railway track, or an airport, or as
>> now, living in a fishing village, the sound of work happening is what
you'd
>> expect...may be I am well and truly unrealistic...
>
>I lived under the flight path for Tullamarine airport for 9 months at
Kealba.
>I only heard the planes for the first couple of days.
>
>In fact, when I moved from a busy main street to a quiet court, there was a
>bigger problem than the planes flying over.. I Couldn't sleep cos of the
>silence..

Totally agree - I used to live on Wentworth Ave at Pendle Hill - Wentworth
Ave is the road that runs along the railway line from Toongabbie until
Wentworthville, and has trains going through 24/7 - both electric trains and
heavy coalies.

After the first week or so, the only way I knew there was a train going past
was the slight effect it had on the TV reception, and even this went once
Foxtel was installed.

Dave