Re: [NSW] Regents Park vs. Granville lines?

geoffrah <geoffrah@nospamhotmail.com> wrote in message
85k9ci$q02$1@news1.mpx.com.au">news:85k9ci$q02$1@news1.mpx.com.au...

> Yep, same problem throughout much of the network - the faster limited
stops
> service catches up with the slower all stations train.
> > I don't understand why the expresses from Campbelltown have to stop at
> Riverwood, Padstow >and Kingsgrove (and sometimes even Panania and
> Revesby)..... the only thing I can think of is to
> >stop it catching up to a slower all-stations train from East Hills.
>
> This was a while ago but I think they tried something along the lines of
> running 2 express Campbelltown services close together (don't know what
they
> do now since I've been in Canberra since 1996) - a fast Campbelltown
express
> at 5.17 (would miss Glenfield and Macquarie Fields and a few others)  from
> Central and the usual Campbelltown express at 5.20pm. From memory, the
5.17
> service would catch up to the all stations to East Hills service ahead of
it
> by about Beverly Hills and would then dawdle along all the way to East
> Hills. The 5.20 service would then also get caught behind by about
Padstow.
> I would often end up ignoring the overflowing Campbelltown services at
> Central - wait for the next East Hills all stations service (on which I'd
> invariably find a seat) - get off at East Hills and then hop on the
> following Campbelltown service (usually getting a seat as well). A little
> longer - but if you wanted a seat .....

* Sometimes if the all stations to East Hills leaves first at Central, and
then the next train to Macarthur via East Hills (stops at Sydenham,
Kingsgrove, Riverwood, Padstow, East Hills and all to Macarthur) leaves
closely next. The Macarthur via East Hills service would begin to dawdle at
Turella - Bardwell Park until Kingsgrove.

Cheers.
Danny Mok
dan@flex.com.au
http://www.flex.com.au/~dan