Re: Cumberland Line was (Re: NYE Fireworks in Sydney)

Hubert Lam wrote:

> Worse when you have a semi-fast suburban service that is late running...they
> cancel the stops between Hornsby and Epping and run non stop from HBY-EPG,
> then Eastwood, West Ryde then Strathfield, mostly empty!

I used to travel home every pm from Pennant Hills to Wyong. Suburban
from P Hills to Hornsby and catch the following Intercity. When the
suburban was running late it would wait between P Hills and Thornleigh
and let the Intercity go past!. It seemed as though half the passengers
on the suburban all travelled to the Central Coast and it would mean
having to stand most of the way home on the next Intercity.
It does not appear that there is going to be any better train service in
the 21st century.

Doug.