Re: Cumberland Line was (Re: NYE Fireworks in Sydney)

Ken Neate <kenneate@tig.com.au> wrote in message
84n7ar$4se$1@bugstomper.ihug.com.au">news:84n7ar$4se$1@bugstomper.ihug.com.au...

> Bill McNiven wrote in message <4rkb4.1350$FY3.2673@ozemail.com.au>...
> >David Johnson wrote in message <386DCE46.96E98BFE@ozemail.com.au>...
> >>Bill McNiven wrote:
> snip
>
>  Another was the complete absence of 'Cumberland Line' trains.
> >(Hey!  Do people really use the 'Cumberland Line'?  If so, why is it
> >cancelled every time there's something more 'important'?).
> >
> Believe it or not there are people who would like to use the Cumberland
> line. But Cityrail keep giving them the "go away, we don't want you"
> message.

I think there are a number of lines where CityRail give the the "go away, we
don't want you" message.  Among the others are:
 Blacktown - Richmond
 Hornsby - Berowra
 Clyde - Carlingford
I also suspect the Main North (Strathfield - Hornsby) is another.  Can you
believe that such a major line still only has a 30 minute off peak
frequency?

The real test will be during the Olympics - the lines CityRail doesn't give
a stuff about will probably lose their train service.