Re: Carlinford line (was Cumberland Line)

The Carlingford line is a definite "go away, we don't want you" line. I took a
ride on one of the services yesterday. One service per hour using a 4 car "S"
set, 1 Driver, 1 Guard & 1 level crossing attendant at Parramatta Road & only 10
passengers doesn't generate much $$$.

I'm surprised that the line wasn't closed years ago & replaced by a bus service.
If this line was in Victoria, Mr Kennett would have closed it long ago.

But get pictures of this quite little branch line now! - before it becomes the
main line for the new Chatswood - Parramatta link.

Jon Lau