Re: Cumberland Line was (Re: NYE Fireworks in Sydney)

Garry Hoddinett <hoddos@netspace.net.au> wrote in message
84n97p$266g$1@otis.netspace.net.au">news:84n97p$266g$1@otis.netspace.net.au...

> Ken Neate <kenneate@tig.com.au> wrote in message
> 84n7ar$4se$1@bugstomper.ihug.com.au">news:84n7ar$4se$1@bugstomper.ihug.com.au...
> >
> > Bill McNiven wrote in message <4rkb4.1350$FY3.2673@ozemail.com.au>...
> > snip
> >
> >  Another was the complete absence of 'Cumberland Line' trains.
> > >(Hey!  Do people really use the 'Cumberland Line'?  If so, why is it
> > >cancelled every time there's something more 'important'?).
> > >
> > Believe it or not there are people who would like to use the Cumberland
> > line. But Cityrail keep giving them the "go away, we don't want you"
> > message.
> >
> I think there are a number of lines where CityRail give the the "go away,
we
> don't want you" message.  Among the others are:
>  Blacktown - Richmond
>  Hornsby - Berowra
>  Clyde - Carlingford
> I also suspect the Main North (Strathfield - Hornsby) is another.  Can you
> believe that such a major line still only has a 30 minute off peak
> frequency?
>
> The real test will be during the Olympics - the lines CityRail doesn't
give
> a stuff about will probably lose their train service.

I believe that some services will be replaced by buses. But the Government
of the day said we didn't need any extra trains for the Olympics. The
"Olympian" train order was cancelled. It will be impossible to catch a train
from some stations during the Olympics.

Peter
"Chaos, panic, disorder - my work here is done."
Sydney - City of the New Millennium and home of the 2000 Olympics