Re: "lost" trains

Dave Proctor wrote:

> Tony Gatt wrote in message <386DAC1A.AF3126B0@tig.com.au>...
> >

> >Rod wrote:
> >
> >> RNS <steam3801@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> >> Why the hell would he have been cautious?
> >
> >Because he is charged with the responsibility (as a driver) of the safety
> >of all the passengers that he carries on that train. You should know that
> >better than anyone.
>
> You are carrying this a bit far here Tony. Sure, he has the responsibility
> for the safety of the passengers, but if he did not know there was anything
> wrong with the signals, then it would be unreasonable to expect the driver
> to proceed at extreme caution, ready to stop clear of any obstruction. If
> this was the case, no train would ever get up over the 20km/h mark.

Thats crap and you know it David. How could you even contemplate that last
comment?? If the signal is full clear then surely there is no problem with
travelling at track speed.

And was it not true that the driver from Cowan Bank had reported signals
fluctuating at Hawkesbury River..
That to me is a fault, and therefore could be:

1) Signal Control relay forcing signal to show red when of course it should
have been green ..
2) Signal control relay failing due to intermittent track circuit showing Green
when it should be showing Red.

Which one would you prefer the driver to think if you were a passenger on the
train David???

I am as sure as hell hoping every driver of a train I travel on assumes the
"worst" and proceeds cautiously..
Better to get there 1 or 2 minutes late than never get there at all..

Please don't post something just for the sake of an argumentative thread..

--
Thanks,

Tony Gatt.

  Never be afraid to try something new.