Re: No Y2k Bug

So you wanna buy  a bridge ?/ its  little singed!! :-))
Dave you make some very valid (sic) comments re water...even better withe "snowy mountain" thing   theres an ad her
ethat shows  a  local Melbourne Landmark....Dwights falls..about as far removed from the snowy as could be..its
comical!!

Inmany industrialised countries thatuse treated water..there were serios concerns...sure water will always flow downhill
but it was the tr4eatment plants thatgot worried...a Y2K test ona NSW water treatment plant ended witha levelof
treatment chemicals at around 100 x the accpeted safe level being dumped intowater....luckily this was onl ina contained
testing envirinmnet ..but it showed up the possibility of grave errors...it want all about total system collapses...more
danger was feared fromerroneous outcomes.....maybe incorrect use by dates of pharmacueticals etc or incorrect dosages
administerd..it was all the little things.

The media generally had no idea ( as often ) whatit was taliking about....a little knowledge is indded a dangerous
thing.....and lets not let facts get in the way of a good story.

It was always going to be hard for the missile tofire...it takes humans to do it!!
Still two French Military satelites have failed (since rectified I believe) ...just goes to show....
Interesting that there was panickbuying inNZ (correct?)  didnt seem to happen  here....apathy is a wonderful thing
sometimes!!

cheers >:~)) Richard