Re: No Y2k Bug

On Sat, 01 Jan 2000 00:48:42 +1200, David McLoughlin
<davemcl@AXE*THISiprolink.co.nz> wrote:

>Hi all
>
>Just again to let you know from Auckland, the first city where the
>computers rolled over, that NOTHING happened. The Y2K Bug is the hoax I
>have long claimed.

The consultants ratcheted up their fees

Public officials covered their behinds. In doing so they worried the
elderly by bombarding them with predictions of doom.

The media engaged in hype - where were the hundreds of thousands of
visitors to Gisborne, many arriving by B747?

I was out and about doing my job at sunrise and apart from a few extra
taxis and pedestrians it was just like any other warm, pleasant
Wellington morning  (-;

I wonder what the next "scare" campaign by public officials will be
now that Y2K is out of their system?