Re: No Y2k Bug

The cat walked across Eccles@ThisNameIsRubbish.co.nz's keyboard and
wrote:

>The consultants ratcheted up their fees

A was at a local discount chain last night (I won't name it to protect
the guilty, but it's owned by Dayton-Hudson) and I noticed that the
prices of bottled water, batteries, flashlights, and radios had gone
up about 25-30% since last week.

Although there were fears of gas supply problems, when I was out
running errands this morning I noticed no special difference in the
number of cars at the gas stations between today and any other
three-day weekend.  Also, gas prices seemed about the same as they
were a couple of weeks ago.  ($1.499/gallon, or about US 37
cents/liter.)

--Urbanophile  (Call me "Jim" in real life . . .)

Pecking away from somewhere in Citrus Heights, California, USA, North America,
Earth, Solar System, Orion Spiral Arm, Milky Way, Andromeda Cluster, Universe...