Y2K rail problems

Australia seems thus far to have avoided Y2K problems with its rail
services - though I did hear on the ABC that Trans Adelaide had problems
with ticket validators on New Years Eve, since rectified.

Meanwhile, back in Old Blighty, hackers broke into the Railtrack Website,
the major purveyor of timetable information for Britain's multiplicity of
train operating companies, and posted a hoax message that all trains on New
Years Day had been cancelled due to Y2K problems.  This message has since
been removed. (Source BBC News).

Happy New Year to you all, I'll wish you a Happy New Millenium and Century
next year if we make it that far.

Regards

David Bennetts
Canberra