Re: No Y2k Bug

In article <84j6pp$pil$2@nntp8.atl.mindspring.net>, urbanophile@mindspring.com (Urbanophile) writes:
>A was at a local discount chain last night (I won't name it to protect
>the guilty, but it's owned by Dayton-Hudson)

nee "Target"

> and I noticed that the
>prices of bottled water, batteries, flashlights, and radios had gone
>up about 25-30% since last week.

At least at the 99 cent store, things are still 99 cents only. Gotta
love L.A. :-)

How is ridership on the transit systems around the world? Any problems with
crowding after the new year is rung? (Interestingly, I read in Japan that
unlike the rest of the world, the majority of their population believes
correctly that the millennium begins on January 1, 2001. So, the celebration is
not more than usual.)