Re: Digital Cameras

Resolution is the problem.

For reasonable resolution, read dollars a plenty.

A 600 pixel per inch post card photo (publishing quality) will be around
50 - 60 mb in bitmap format.  JPEG compressed a lot less - but resolution
drops off if reloaded and altered then saved again a few time.

Neg/slide scanners also have a resolution problem for publishing print
quality.

Nothing beats film for resolution and colour rendition.  Best bet for
computer adaptation is a print scanner.  300 dpi scanners are now very
cheap, 600 dpi (look for optical resolution) cost a little more but offer
more opportunity for quality results.

If only scanning for the web, anything will do - 72 pixels per inch (ppi) or
dots per inch (DPI) are really only good for the web.  No fine detail.

Goldie

Best option - film camera

Click here for Free Video!!
http://www.gohip.com/freevideo/