Re: Digital Cameras

In article <9mdo9skr6aqpj72jgsfugilsm9me4heda9@4ax.com>,
Andrew Price  <aprice@mail.dotcom.fr> wrote:

>Have digital cameras improved since, or would it be better investing
>the same money in yet another SLR and a slide scanner?

I faced a similar question last fall, when my trusty Pentax K1000 broke
down (at the very *end* of a long trip, fortunately).  I finally decided
to have it repaired mainly because it turned out to be cheaper than buying
a new camera, whether digital or film.  I already have access to a film
scanner, so that cost didn't figure into the comparision.

One concern that I have about digital cameras has to do with the number of
pictures I take on a long trip.  It's easy to take along several rolls of
film, and if I run out, I can easily buy more film on the road.  How would
it look from the cost standpoint to stock up on enough memory cards to
accommodate a couple hundred pictures?  I don't have a laptop computer to
take along for picture storage.

--
Jon Bell <jtbell@presby.edu>                        Presbyterian College
Dept. of Physics and Computer Science        Clinton, South Carolina USA