Re: Digital Cameras

Jon Bell (jtbell@presby.edu) wrote:

: One concern that I have about digital cameras has to do with the number of
: pictures I take on a long trip.  It's easy to take along several rolls of
: film, and if I run out, I can easily buy more film on the road.  How would
: it look from the cost standpoint to stock up on enough memory cards to
: accommodate a couple hundred pictures?  I don't have a laptop computer to
: take along for picture storage.

That's why I bought the wife a Sony Mavica MF-88, which uses 3.5",
1.44 Mb floppies as "film". The resolution isn't great, but in a few
months there are suppose to be digital cameras with 4 Mb of pixel CCDs.

Given her technical ability, dealing with floppies is a lot easier
than memory cards, plus USB support in Windoze isn't mature yet.

--Jerry Leslie     (my opinions are strictly my own)