Re: Digital Cameras

Andrew Price wrote:

> On Sat, 5 Feb 2000 15:54:37 GMT, jtbell@presby.edu (Jon Bell) wrote:
>
> >One concern that I have about digital cameras has to do with the number of
> >pictures I take on a long trip.  It's easy to take along several rolls of
> >film, and if I run out, I can easily buy more film on the road.  How would
> >it look from the cost standpoint to stock up on enough memory cards to
> >accommodate a couple hundred pictures?  I don't have a laptop computer to
> >take along for picture storage.
>
> That occurred to me too, but I see that Sony has a model which stores
> its pictures on floppies.  Does anyone know how it compares with the
> other cameras which use expensive memory cards?

Go to www.cnet.com.  They have comparisons there on digital cameras.  I
purchased a Sony Mavica D83 and have been very pleased with it.  It uses floppy
disks.  I can get about 18 640x480 (fine) .JPG's that are ready to be read off
disk by my computer.  No cords, cards, etc.  A great feature.
Takes up to 1216x960 which to me is about the middle of the resolution scale.
Also, it records MPEG and audio.  A must see!

Steve Noland
Bridge4@gte.net
Seattle, WA