Re: [Melb] Old railway line

Peter J. Vincent <pjv101@netspace.com.au> wrote in message
3A29C6CC.9395F9A6@netspace.com.au">news:3A29C6CC.9395F9A6@netspace.com.au...

>> Neither had I.  Is there a distinction between
>> "occupation" and "possession"?

> I don't know.

State.  Victoria has an Absolute Occupation, UK, NSW have
Possessions, dunno what the other states call it.

The AROU Rulebook probably calls it a "Temporary Traffic
Throughput Reduction State" or something equally silly... |-)

> I guess "occupation" is used to when the section has been
> "booked out" for work.

In Victoria currently there is a subtle difference between an occo
and booking out some track.  In general, sidings are booked out,
and you get an occo for running lines.  But there is provision to
book out a running line if you need to do some critical unplanned
work, like clearing a landslide or heat buckle or crashed alien
spacecraft.

> The group or gang involved in the work then has
> "possession" of that line section.

> Otherwise its probably a play on words.

Yep.

--
B.

Email - gunzel412 at dingoblue dot net dot au
ICQ#  - eight two three two nine seven three four
Phone - long, long, short, long.