Re: [Melb] Old railway line

"Adam Dunning" <adamdunning@start.com.au> wrote in message
news:3a2569e9@news.alphalink.com.au...
> I also think that a section of track which includes Fairfield was part of
the
> outtercircle line (or at least the (now/past) branch line to AP Fairfield
> (which has now been pulled up) and the bridge over the river behind the
mill
> (part of Chandler Highway).  This part (the branch) was electrified
because the
> E class electrics were used here.

The section to AP (now AMCOR) is still there but is very over grown and it
was disconnected from the mainline earlier in the year.

The last time it was used was for stabling the machinery used for the
re-sleepering on the Hurstbridge line which occured in about Feb/March, the
same time that the branch was disconnected.

Ben Smith