Re: [QLD] 3'6" siding removed at Salisbury

In article <39a987de.223635@news.powerup.com.au>,
  petan@powerup.NOSPAM.com.au (Peter and Susan) wrote:
> Sorry Colin,
>
> but I reported the removal of the 1067mm section back in 17 April
1999. Copy available at
> http://www.railpage.org.au/ausrail/99april/msg00879.html
>
> Also reported in "Sunshine Express" magazine May 1999 P.24.
>
> Cheers
> Peter

Should have checked in SE before posting! Oh well :-(

I was not aware that the siding was already gone on the other side of
Beaudesert Rd / Railway PDE.  What has changed in the last couple of
weeks is that, except for the level crossing, the rails have been
removed back toward Rocklea.  The section which has overhead wiring
remains intact, although very rusty and overgrown.  It looks like it
hasn't seen use in a very long time.

Spotted the GSPE at Roma St no 2. platform at 8:15 this morning - 2177
leading.  Would have given the XPT passengers something to think about.
I thought narrow guage GSPE departures were normally from no 10.

--Colin

--

This account is a spam filter.  Please send e-mail replies to:
colin.weaver <AT> boeing.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.