Re: [QLD] 3'6" siding removed at Salisbury

On Sun, 27 Aug 2000 17:44:18 +1000, Colin Weaver <weaver@powerup.com.au> wrote:

>As a regular traveller on the Beenleigh line, I can vouch for the fact
>that this siding, although out of use, remained intact and connected to
>the mainline at Rocklea until some time in the last couple of weeks.  I
>don't recall seeing any sign of use in the time I've lived in Brisbane
>(since '89), unlike the standarg guage siding at the same location.
>
>Thanks for the info.
>
>--Colin
>
>MattyQ wrote:
>> This siding has been gone for a few years now.

Sorry Colin,

but I reported the removal of the 1067mm section back in 17 April 1999. Copy available at
http://www.railpage.org.au/ausrail/99april/msg00879.html

Also reported in "Sunshine Express" magazine May 1999 P.24.

Cheers
Peter
Peter & Susan Cokley
petan @ powerup.com.au
http://www.welcome.to/petan
For personal replies to this message, remove NOSPAM from our address to avoid bounced mail.