Re: FreightCorp to suspend crew rosters.

"avachat" <avachat@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
> FreightCorp, the caring, sharing and humanitarian billion dollar rail road
> has informed it's Enfield locomotive drivers that they will be suspending
> their rosters for eight weeks during the Sydney Olympics and Paralympics.
> Drivers will be rostered on a day to day basis leaving them with no
> opportunities to organise their social lives full stop.

Even on a pencil roster, you will still know when your book-off days are
though.

What does the current stable rostering code say about roster suspensions ? I
assume it would only apply to unplanned events, in which case you could
sucessfully argue that the Olympics (which we have all known about for the
last 6 years) is a planned event and wouldn't qualify for a roster
suspension. If on the other hand FreightCorp can suspend rosters for ANY
reason, then you guys signed off the agreement allowing them to do this !

> Oh I hear cries for compensation from our right wing liberal cousins do I,
> fat chance. FreightCorp refuse to compensate their employees clearly
> signalling that they will not spend one cent more than they are legally/
> industrialy required to.
> It's emplyees must be praying for a very quick sale!

The current agreement will be binding on the new owners, allowing them to do
exactly the same thing.

Russ.