Re: [NSW] Airport Line Timetable Query

"Hubert Lam" <hubert@imap4.com> wrote in message
3906972f$0$27494@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3906972f$0$27494@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> So where will the Airport Line merge with the City Inner tracks? Would
that cause problems though if
> let's say an airport train was delayed and then the train behind it on the
East Hills line was
> tabled to run via Sydenham and actually overtook the airport train?
>
> I can only see the flyovers from where trains arrive on Platform 16 Sydney
Central

The tracks on Platform 22 and 23 merge into one, and then branch again, one
going to the airport and one going towards Redfern, where the branch again,
one for the Illawarra and the other for the Illawarra Local.

In the other direction, the track from the airport goes straight into
platform 21, the one from Redfern goes straight into platform 20. There are
crossovers before the platform which allows trains from the airport to enter
20 and from Redfern to enter 21.

I will make up a layout using Track Builder and get a screen grab of it and
email it to you if you like.

Dave