Re: [NSW] Airport Line Timetable Query

"Gnome 412" <gnome412@hotmail.com> wrote in message
6AdN4.539$PL4.12887@ozemail.com.au">news:6AdN4.539$PL4.12887@ozemail.com.au...

> Some samples of weekday departure patterns from Central:
>
> dep cars to
> 12:04 6 Redfern; Sydenham; Tempe; Bardwell Park to East Hills
> 12:11 6 Green Square to Wolli Creek; then empty Turrella
> 12:18 6 Green Square to Padstow; then East Hills
> 12:28 8 Green Square to Wolli Creek; Revesby to Macarthur
> 12:34 8 Redfern; Sydenham; Tempe; Bardwell Park to East Hills
> 12:41 8 Green Square to Wolli Creek; then empty Turrella
> 12:48 8 Green Square to Padstow; then East Hills
> 12:58 8 Green Square to Wolli Creek; Revesby to Macarthur

Assuming that this is going to be the standard off-peak timetable (always
dangerous to assume, I know) the intervals do not look that crash hot. From
Central, trains to the airport at XX11, XX18, XX28, XX41, XX48, XX58, etc.
Intervals of 7mins, 10mins, 13mins, 7mins, 10mins, 13mins in the hour. Why
couldn't they make it nice and simple and have it every ten minutes? The one
to move would have been the XX11 and XX41 back three minutes, since this is
only going to Turrella, the only place it would clash with the rest of the
system is the City and on departure from Central (I bet tey wished they
hadn't made that layout at the end of 22/23 the way that had).

Dave