Re: [Vic] State Budge and rail/trams

James C. (james_ccj@my-deja.com) won a Nobel Prize for literature by writing:
> From both Heald Sun and The Age:

> Other then the extension previously mentioned, also:

> *Burnley line triplication...possibly between Mitcham and Black burn

It's already quadruple to Burnley and triple to Box Hill. The proposal to
triple Blackburn to Mitcham has been around for at least 15 years.

> *3rd track for Pakenham/Cranbourne line(possibly Caulfield-Dandenong)

Maybe a 3rd track Caulfield - Oakleigh, but better signalling increase the
capacity of the line.

If you're going to add a third track, I'd rather see a standard gauge
freight line to Long Island via Dandenong.

Cheers
David