Re: [NSW] Airport Line Timetable Query

"Hubert Lam" <hubert@imap4.com> wrote in message
3905a0b4$0$27515@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3905a0b4$0$27515@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> I was wondering why bother running East Hills Line services through
Sydenham at all, since the
> Airport line is all dedicated to 1. provide the airport with high
frequencies and 2. alleviate the
> capacity problems between Sydenham and Central that also hold up Bankstown
trains.

> In terms of management, it would be the simplest to run trains just all
through the Airport. Seems a
> little arrogant in a way but seeing that we have so much problems running
the trains already it's
> best to KISS- Keep It Simple Stupid.

Probably because they have determined that there are people who may want to
travel from Campbelltwon/East Hills etc to Sydenham/Redfern etc. Redfern is
a station servicing Sydney Uni, Sydenham services Marricville Metro (wee,
sort of) and providing a mixture allows them to provide services to
everyone.

Dave