Re: [NSW] Airport Line Timetable Query

I would have thought South Coast trains were ideal candidates to stop at
Wolli Creek.  Less chance of CityRail competing against cabs on long hauls
from the South Coast, whereas people originating from suburban locations can
more readily afford a taxi and may be more inclined to do this rather than
catch a spark.  Judging by the location of the 8 car markers on Wolli
Creek's platform edge the platforms must be close to 200m long, long enough
for an 8 car V-set?

...and how far does a set travel from a Wolli Creek start to a Tempe stop,
about 450m is my guess - the shortest Sydney station to station run?
Anything shorter in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth or Adelaide?

Chris

Railway Rasputin II <bob@fastlink.com.au> wrote in message
> Yes but the V sets won't unless something changes.
>
> rgds
>
> "trendy rechauffé" wrote:
> >
> > I suppose some of the Illawarra trains will stop at Wolli Creek and
Tempe as