Re: Sydney NSW Train Strike 29/9 (was: Train Strike Tomorrow.)

Jane Campbell wrote in message <7ssa3m$oeg$1@news1.mpx.com.au>...
>Can't tell you much about the signallers or the freight (although I did see
>one passing through Hornsby early this afternoon), but station staff are
the
>ones in dispute.  Drivers and guards had to sign on for shifts as normal
but
>didn't work trains because of the "safety issue".  I had nightmares
thinking
>about working a train through Central with no indicators or
>announcements....it's bad enough on a normal day!!  I'm not sure how they
>could possibly get the peak up and running except by using crews who live
>near their depots.  I know there were quite a few, who were unable to get
>work to sign on and will miss a day's pay accordingly.
>
>Regards
>
>Jane :))
Thanks for the info!

I had imagined that maybe a few routes could be re-opened around 16:00 if
the RBTU and CityRail had both wanted to do it!
First trains through Kogarah were two XP power cars on the down at 18:36 and
two XP power cars on the up at 18:48.  I *guess* this would have been a test
run to Hurstville by XPT Maintenance.
Anyone know why *no* freights at Kogarah today?

Rgds

Bill