Re: Sydney NSW Train Strike 29/9 (was: Train Strike Tomorrow.)

Bill McNiven wrote in message ...

>Thanks for the info!
>
>I had imagined that maybe a few routes could be re-opened around 16:00 if
>the RBTU and CityRail had both wanted to do it!
>First trains through Kogarah were two XP power cars on the down at 18:36
and
>two XP power cars on the up at 18:48.  I *guess* this would have been a
test
>run to Hurstville by XPT Maintenance.
>Anyone know why *no* freights at Kogarah today?
>
>Rgds
>
>Bill

I think the main problem was lack of ability to pass through Waterfall.

3801 Limited was not able to make the normal run with the Long Lunch Train
from Summit Tank to Sydney this afternoon apparently for this reason. There
was a similar problem on the East Hills Line. The LLT operated from Sydney
to Summit Tank via Moss Vale and return via the same route, although the
morning journey was via Granville and the afternoon via Regents Park.

Geoff Lillico
3801 Limited
trains@magna.com.au