Re: Sydney Rail strike tomorrow

Railway Rasputin <bob@fastlink.com.au> wrote in message
37F1EA42.5BE3CE5E@fastlink.com.au">news:37F1EA42.5BE3CE5E@fastlink.com.au...

> Suits me. Its nice to sleep at night.

LOL

Just on the effects of the strike today, I had to umpire a football game
(yes, umpire - NOT referee - it was an Aussie Rules game) at Ashbury at 1330
today - it is normally a 45 minute drive there from home, but I allowed 2
hours, leaving home at 1030 - I arrived at 1145 (extra half hour - not too
bad).

Coming back, I left Ashbury at 1630, and was home at 1725 - it actually took
only 10 mins extra in peak hour. Admittedly, the M4 was flowing very
smoothly wwith the extra lanes that are now on it, but the effect on the
west (at least at the time I was returning home) was negligible.

DaveP