Re: Sydney Rail strike tomorrow

I've just heard from a mate who drives Intercity services -  he was rostered
to work to Mount Victoria, but only got as far as Seven Hills this morning,
before being turned back empty cars to Flemington.  He still gets paid a
full shift at penalty rates, as they called him in on a day off!

Looks like the Main West is also shutdown.

Regards,

Paul

David Johnson <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
37EA3ADB.7C23FE05@ozemail.com.au">news:37EA3ADB.7C23FE05@ozemail.com.au...
> Bill McNiven wrote:
>
> > There are reasonably detailed stories at
> > http://abc.net.au/news/state/nsw/metnsw-23sep1999-18.htm
> > http://www.theage.com.au/breaking/9909/23/A19562-1999Sep23.shtml
> >
> > In brief, Cityrail expects to run 60% of services.  ASU expects 30%.  I
> > *guess* from an earlier posting that East Hills, Glenfield and Cronulla
are
> > places where station staff operate signals.  I *guess* that, while
Waterfall
> > was mentioned in the earlier post, it's possible to extend Waterfall
trains
> > to Helensburgh where the Wollongong signaller can terminate them.
>
> No.  The Station Staff at Waterfall are mostly RTBU.  There is only one
ASU