Re: Sydney NSW Train Strike 29/9 (was: Train Strike Tomorrow.)

Can't tell you much about the signallers or the freight (although I did see
one passing through Hornsby early this afternoon), but station staff are the
ones in dispute.  Drivers and guards had to sign on for shifts as normal but
didn't work trains because of the "safety issue".  I had nightmares thinking
about working a train through Central with no indicators or
announcements....it's bad enough on a normal day!!  I'm not sure how they
could possibly get the peak up and running except by using crews who live
near their depots.  I know there were quite a few, who were unable to get to
work to sign on and will miss a day's pay accordingly.

Regards

Jane :))

grgI3.246$lE.2355@ozemail.com.au">news:grgI3.246$lE.2355@ozemail.com.au...