Re: Train Order working

> > Unfortunately it does matter who owns the track.
> > RAC arnt spending any money on Parkes to Broken Hill simply because the
line
> > is totally uneconomic to run , ie there simply arnt enuf trains using it
> > ever recoup the upgrade costs in access fees.
> > The only way to get the line upgraded is to get the Feds to pay for it
which
> > they wont do until its part of ARTCs network.
> >
> > MD
>
> 1. Train Orders have not been introduced due to some industrial issues
still to be resolved.

> 2. The major difference in the track east of Broken Hill is that it has
predominatly timber
> sleepers, to the west its concrete sleepers. Believe me, ARTC would not
put concrete in. The whole
> basis of funding of railways is now different. It is unlikely in the
extreame that ARTC will 'own'
> any NSW track anyway.
>
> --
> Bruce L. Greening
> bgreeni@ibm.net
> Townsville
> Queensland, Australia

The moral of the story is that it doesn't matter that train order working is
not in place. Since the track is so poor, you wouldn't want to travel any
faster over it anyway!

Robert Parnell
Rail Access/Argus Telecommunications Technician, Electronics Enthusiast,
Lachlan Valley Railway Director,  NSW HO scale railway modeller
E-mail:<rparnell@netspace.net.au>