Re: DOO In Sydney?

Craig,

Just visit Melbourne, your answer will be before your eyes!!!

DOO works and it works well.

All of the arguements I've read so far are based on opinion, like Sydney is
different, or Sydney is bigger, or this platform is this curvie , or two
trains depart at the same time in the same direction,  (just like Richmond,
and Flinders Street or Caulfield and Camberwell) the list just goes on, but
no hard facts.

The hard facts are, guards don't perform any function on a modern railway
that the Driver can't doo (sorry for the punn). (Touch wood) we haven't lost
a single passengers life since DOO in Melbourne, there were a couple of
cases of woman claiming to have been trapped between doors with prams, but
in at least one of the two cases that come to mind the video survalance
equipment on the station proved she was not telling the truth in an effort
to make a false claim against the Department. The train won't depart until
the blue light stops flashing.

When you talk about passenger numbers, it doesn't make any difference
wheither you have 2 or 2,000, DOO still works.

It wasn't all that many years ago that crews and guards were saying 2 man
crewing is dangerous (WB TRAIN I THINK YOU CALL THEM), but they are not are
they???

Bob.

Bob.

7srdg6$8p6$1@lios.apana.org.au">news:7srdg6$8p6$1@lios.apana.org.au...
billboltonREMOVE-TO-EMAIL@computer.org (Bill Bolton) writes:

> >"Exnarc" <gwrly@netspace.net.au> wrote:
>
> >> They aren't so in those cases you use CCTV Monitors on the platforms,
as
> >> does Melbourne now. The provision of vandal proof roller doors are of
cause
> >> essential as are hoods to shield the screens during bright sunlight.
Either

http://lios.apana.org.au/~craigd